Sunday, March 20, 2011

JIMMY VARGAS "REQUIEM FOR MY SHADOW BRIDE"..LURE OF THE FORTIES SIREN


                                      1958–1992:

PART FOUR


IN defiance to the era of hippies and fagellahs into which I’d been flung, I pilfered mementoes from the maze veils of 40’s Americana Anything to connect me to my unfinished life, boosting bottles ofAuerbach’s Million Dollar Hair Tonic’ quiffing back my black hair in tribute to the Roccoli zoot suiter I always knew I was.
Psycho swangin’ through charity dump stores and flea joints, of the skid row  for my bewarped fix of bop 78’s and Hollywood fetish and cheese- cake pulps, trying to get a glimpse of her.

© JIMMY VARGAS 2000 / 2011
    From his multimedia dvd / E-Book “MY SHADOW BRIDE
  Photo: Chrysler / Vargas

No comments:

Post a Comment